|Since the beginning, the focus has been on real estate...
This network of community sites known as CoastalGuide is now host to well over 1/2 million individual users per year. Though it has taken much time and effort, we have had great success establishing and promoting it as a super-regional travel & relocation webzine for the coastal Carolinas. Our community guides have been featured online for such venerable sites as CNN, US News & World Report, Salon, and even the History Channel. That's a lot of use and exposure for a site that was started in early 1995 to provide information about the coastal communities in northeastern North Carolina as part of a small real estate site.
Visitors on our sites are intent upon destination research, not random "surfers" --they are researching vacations, retirement possibilities, potential transfers, and known relocation destinations down the coastal corridor.
An excellent listing tool, it demonstrates your advertising commitment to the property owner. Real, hard-copy leads quickly prove this web promotion WORKS and makes your listing presentation memorable and effective.
This IS a complete system, not just a link in an online directory. Our network of thousands of web pages is dedicated to gathering online visitors seeking information about the coast and referring them to our sponsors' sites. We do not host or develop client web pages, nor are we ISP's. Our business is developing QUALIFIED TRAFFIC and referring it to existing web pages promoting businesses in the real estate industry.
NO changes are required on your site. All features are staged, maintained, and launched from within CoastalGuide itself.
There are 3 Main Components:
The Sponsors' Gallery, the Relocation Report, and the Tourism Report. In order to participate, the sponsor must be listed in the Sponsors' Gallery.
- Sponsors' Gallery
While reviewing the features of the Sponsors' Gallery, it may be helpful to think of your existing web site as the advertisement.... and our network of web sites as a travel & relocation guidebook about the coast. Our program displays a short ad, complete with logo and a descriptive paragraph, from within the community web sites you choose to sponsor.
|An Example of Real Estate Sponsors [opens new window]
[Note that for the purposes of this demonstration, we are using the Outer Banks region as an example. Each region uses the same program and format.] Click the graphic to the right, the database will begin displaying some of our sponsors for that region, listing several per page. Scroll to the bottom of the page, select "Next" or "Previous" to leaf through them page-by-page. You may select any sponsor's site by clicking on the accompanying graphic or name, you will then leave CoastalGuide and be taken to the sponsor's own web pages.
Our system allows much more descriptive text about your site than a banner. This allows the visitor to make an informed decision about what is on the other end of the link - YOUR WEB PAGE!!.
- Relocation Report
This report is best described as a "newcomer" list similar to those generated by a chamber of commerce or visitor bureau --though it is much more specific regarding property requirements. Our system is designed to encourage active -yet responsible- participation, rather than passively waiting for visitors. For those in the real estate industry, the Relocation Report is a highly focused MARKETING LEAD SYSTEM.
- Sample Profile - RELOCATION
- Tourism Report
Once in the Sponsors' Gallery, realty firms managing cottages and condominiums for vacation rentals may also opt for our coastal tourism report as 3 - 5 percent of our vacationers indicate that they are researching retirement or relocation as well as vacation plans. They include the top 3 areas of interest, geographic regions targeted, contact information, and special comments. While less than 5 percent of our total number of visitors take the time to complete this lengthy questionnaire the volume is substantial, approximately 9,000 per year.
The requests themselves are fairly self-explanatory. You should note they are directed to the CoastalGuide/CoastalGuide and not to any particular member; they also cover the entire coastal region of the state --it is up to you to cull the list for prospects in your area.
- Sample Profile - TOURISM: Cottage/Condo
- Sample Profile - TOURISM: Researching Retirement
- Sample Profile - TOURISM: Accomm - Bed & Breakfast
- The cost of having a real estate site included in the Sponsors' Gallery ranges from $15 to $65 per month.(US). This fee covers the sponsor's primary community --usually where the business is physically located. This also includes several general sponsorship links, such as those on our major regional hubs like the OuterBanks Guide, the Albemarle Guide, and JumpTown. Additional CoastalGuide communities in a marketing area may also be added for a nominal additional charge. A sponsor must be listed in the Sponsors' Gallery before subscribing to any reports.
- The Relocation Report may be added for an additional $20 to $150 /mo.
- The Tourism Report is an additional $8 to $150 /mo.
- Invoices will be sent monthly, postcard-style.
- We do NOT require a contract to list your ad in the Sponsors' Gallery. There are no binding commitments on either side. However, we DO ask that there be a minimum 90 day trial period.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
There are other specialized types of advertising to promote your web site available. Contact us for details.
Real Estate Sponsorship Rate Calculator:
- Scaled according to the community site's traffic volume:
- Make a list of all the communities you would like to sponsor.
- Of those, select the one with the highest Community Traffic Class.
A, B, C, etc to the right of each name. A = highest, F = lowest.
- Using the code determined in step 2, select your
Base Rate by Traffic Class: A ~ B ~ C ~ D ~ E ~ F
- Sponsorship only is listed in the 3rd column
- The 4th column lists the optional Relocation Report subscription
- If sponsoring any additional communities, add the multi-community rate for each.
Ranking and Placement within the Sponsors' Gallery:
Sponsors are sorted by [A] total monthly advertising billing amounts, then by [B] longevity as a client, i.e., how long a client has been continuously with the sponsorship system. If the advertising amount is the same then the client with seniority will be listed first. Changes to update a sponsor's ad do NOT change the placement. However, if a sponsor drops the account and resubscribes later the new date is used to determine placement.
There has been much confusion about email privacy, "spamming," "cookies," and web snooping. We have well-developed guidelines and policies. Please take time to review the following Privacy & Copyright pages, they ARE very important.
Real estate companies sponsoring their CoastalGuide hometown community --that is, where their physical office is located-- do have a certain amount of "exclusivity" with regards to the Relocation Report. We only open as many sponsor postions as we believe a community's overall traffic can reasonably support. This is based upon evaluations of our report archives and server statistics, but we do recognize there are limits we need to consider.
On the other hand, accommodations, tours, charters, coastal artists, etc. have no such limits.
Email us and request more information about joining our Coastal Relocation and Tourism network. We do not have outside ad salesmen nor will we add your email address to any annoying ''newsletters'' or marketing lists.
As a private publication, CoastalGuide, LLC retains the right to accept or reject proposed web pages and/or advertisements in accordance with its editorial standards and marketing plan.