|We have had great success establishing The CoastalGuide as a super-regional travel and relocation webzine for the coastal Carolinas. This network of community sites hosts well over 1/2 million individual users per year.
Visitors using our sites are very focused on destination research, not random "surfers" --they are researching vacations, getaways, short jaunts, and even retirement possibilities down the coastal corridor. We do not "hype" you with misleading statistics or tell you we have millions of users trying to find local attractions, accommodations, restaurants, shops, etc. For the best-known resort areas, it is hundreds of thousands annually. The better-known regions; tens of thousands. For those in smaller, lesser-known, or inland areas: thousands. Of those, only some unknown percentage will develop into serious prospective clients for our sponsors. That said, we know from experience that this is one of the most cost-effective hospitality industry marketing systems available.
COTTAGE & CONDO rentals are a particular favorite. We also provide strong, focused traffic for ACCOMMODATIONS and CHARTER fishing boats. WATER SPORTS, MARINAS and TOUR operators also fit well.
This IS a complete system, not just a link in an online directory. Our network of thousands of web pages is dedicated to gathering online visitors seeking information about the coast and referring them to our sponsors' sites. We do not host or develop client web pages, nor are we ISP's. Our business is developing QUALIFIED TRAFFIC and referring it to existing web pages promoting businesses in the hospitality industry.
NO changes are required on your site. All features are staged, maintained, and launched from within CoastalGuide itself.
There are 2 Main Components:
The Sponsors' Gallery and The Tourism Report. In order to participate, the sponsor must be listed in the Sponsors' Gallery.
- Sponsors' Gallery While reviewing the features of the Sponsors' Gallery, it may be helpful to think of your existing web site as the advertisement.... and our network of web sites as a travel & relocation guidebook about the coast. Our program displays a short ad, complete with logo and a descriptive paragraph, from within the community web sites you choose to sponsor.
|An Example of Hospitality Industry Sponsors
|[opens new window when clicked]
| [Note that for the purposes of this demonstration, we are using the Outer Banks region as an example. Each region uses the same program and format.] Click the graphic to the right, the database will begin displaying some of our sponsors for that region, listing several per page. Scroll to the bottom of the page, select "Next" or "Previous " to leaf through them page-by-page. You may select any sponsor's site by clicking on the accompanying graphic or name, you will then leave CoastalGuide and be taken to the sponsor's own web pages.
Our system allows much more descriptive text about your site than a banner. This allows the visitor to make an informed decision about what is on the other end of the link - YOUR WEB PAGE!!.
- Tourism Report Once in the Sponsors' Gallery, sponsors may also opt for our coastal tourism report. CoastalGuide produces visitor lists similar to those offered by a chamber of commerce or tourist bureau. Unlike those lists our "visitor profiles" are very detailed. They include the top 3 areas of interest, geographic regions targeted, contact information, and special comments. While less than 5 percent of our total number of visitors take the time to complete this lengthy questionnaire, the volume is more than significant, even staggering. However, many of our sponsors do subscribe and review the reports for travelers planning to come to their area of the coast.
The requests themselves are fairly self-explanatory. You should note they are directed to the CoastalGuide/CoastalGuide and not to any particular member; they also cover the entire coastal region of the state --it is up to you to cull the list for prospects in your area.
If you elect to subscribe, our server automatically dispatches the tourism reports to you. Note that our system is designed to encourage active -yet responsible- participation, rather than passively waiting for visitors. For those in the hospitality industry, the Report is a highly focused, "nearly-real-time" MARKETING LEAD SYSTEM.
- Sample Profile - TOURISM: Cottage/Condo
- Sample Profile - TOURISM: Researching Retirement
- Sample Profile - TOURISM: Accomm - Bed & Breakfast
There has been much confusion about email privacy, "spamming," "cookies," and web snooping. We have well-developed guidelines and policies. Please take time to review the following Privacy & Copyright pages, they ARE very important.
There are other specialized types of advertising to promote your web site available. Contact us to design the ideal ad placement.
- The cost of having a hospitality industry site included in the Sponsors' Gallery ranges from $8 to $15 per month.(US). This fee covers the sponsor's primary community --usually where the business is physically located. This also includes several general sponsorship links, such as those on our major regional hubs like the OuterBanks Guide, the Albemarle Guide, and JumpTown. Additional CoastalGuide communities in a marketing area may also be added for a nominal additional charge. A sponsor must be listed in the Sponsors' Gallery before subscribing to any reports.
- The Tourism Report is an additional $8 to $150 /mo.
- Invoices will be sent monthly, postcard-style.
- We do NOT require a contract to list your ad in the Sponsors' Gallery. There are no binding commitments on either side. However, we DO ask that there be a minimum 90 day trial period.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
Hospitality Industry Sponsorship Rate Calculator:
- Scaled according to the community site's traffic volume:
- Make a list of all the communities you would like to sponsor.
- Of those, select the one with the highest Community Traffic Class.
A, B, C, etc to the right of each name. A = highest, F = lowest.
- Using the code determined in step 2, select your
Base Rate by Traffic Class: A ~ B ~ C ~ D ~ E ~ F
- Sponsorship only is listed in the 1st column
- The 2nd column lists the optional Tourism Report subscription
- If sponsoring any additional communities, add the multi-community rate for each.
Ranking and Placement within the Sponsors' Gallery:
Sponsors are sorted by [A] total monthly advertising billing amounts, then by [B] longevity as a client, i.e., how long a client has been continuously with the sponsorship system. If the advertising amount is the same then the client with seniority will be listed first. Changes to update a sponsor's ad do NOT change the placement. However, if a sponsor drops the account and resubscribes later the new date is used to determine placement.
As a private publication, CoastalGuide, LLC retains the right to accept or reject proposed web pages and/or advertisements in accordance with its editorial standards and marketing plan.